Welcome to Sixth Grade!! I am really excited to be your child's 6th grade teacher this school year. Not only will I educate your child academically, but I will also do everything I can to ensure your child's safety, build his/her self-esteem, enourage him/her to work to their greatest potential, and instill within your child proper conduct and attitude within the walls of Lakehurst Elementary School. Sixth grade is a big step and a year of many changes as your child prepares for Middle School. I look forward to assisting your child through this transition. In preparing for the changes beyond 6th grade, your help is needed to:
- Check the student planner daily.
- Enforce a quiet study/work time each evening so that your child accepts responsibility and completes his/her homework appropriately and on time
- Insist that your child read at least 20 minutes every night
- Check your child's work periodically
- Communicate high expectations regarding academic grades, homework expectations, behavior, etc.
- Praise and encourage your child for his/her efforts
- Contact me immediately if you have any questions or concerns
I believe that attendance is very important. Your child should be in school every day unless s/he is sick. Consistency and routine are key to a child's education. The day is filled with learning experiences for every child so I also suggest keeping your child in school for the entire school day. Even missing the last hour of school can put your child behind and work will have to be made up. I am proud to be your child's teacher and look forward to a happy, healthy, and safe school year.