Dear Students and Parents/Guardians;
Welcome to Fourth Grade! I am really excited to be your child’s teacher this school year, and will teach your child to the best of my abilities. Not only will I educate your child academically, but I will also do everything I can to ensure your child’s safety, build his/her self-esteem, encourage him/her to work hard, and instill within your child proper conduct and attitude within the walls of Lakehurst Elementary School. Fourth Grade is a big step and a year of many changes as your child prepares for 5th Grade. I look forward to assisting your child through this transition. In preparing for the changes beyond Fourth Grade, your help is needed to:
- Check the student planner each night for assignments and notes from school personnel. You may also visit this site where I post the homework assignments and other announcements
- Enforce a quiet study/work time each evening so that your child accepts responsibility and completes his/her homework appropriately and on time.
- Insist that your child read at least 15 minutes every night to help him/her become a better reader.
- Check your child’s work periodically.
- Communicate high expectations regarding academic grades, homework expectations, behavior, and etc.
- Praise and encourage your child for his/her efforts.
- Contact me immediately if you have any questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
I am proud to be your child’s teacher and look forward to a happy, healthy, and safe school year. Please navigate through my site as you wish. Thank you.
Mr. La Veglio