Students at Lakehurst in grades Kindergarten through 5th Grade receive Health or Physical Education once weekly.
Students in 6th grades receive Health or Physical Education twice weekly.
Students in 7th & 8th grades receive Health or Physical Education three times weekly.
In order to participate, students must:
- wear sneakers that fit and fasten properly
- wear shorts or pants underneath dresses or skirts
- not wear hoop or dangling earrings
- Students in 7th & 8th Grades must bring a change of shirt, and change into that shirt. This is the only requirement, but students are welcome to bring a change of shorts/pants as well.
- Only a note from a doctor will excuse students from participating.
- Students with an extended medical absence may be given an assignment to be completed for a grade.
- Students in Grades K-2 play tagging games, throwing games, team-building activities and lead-up games to kickball.
- Students in Grades 3-5 begin practicing sports skills, as well as as throwing games, team-building activities, and 5-base kickball.
- Students in Grades 6-8 participate in head-to-head contests in various sports, as well as as throwing games, team-building activities, and 5-base kickball.
- All grades will also participate in a dance unit.
Kindergarten = Friday, May 29, 2020 (LES field/gym)
Grades 1 & 2 = Wednesday, May 27, 2020 (LES field/gym)
Grades 3 - 8 = Tuesday, May 19, 2020 (Veterans Park in Bayville)
*All times to be determined